Easy Chinese Chopped Chicken Salad & Want it Wednesday #2
Crisp Savoy cabbage, broccoli crowns, shredded carrots, bean sprouts, red cabbage, green onion, lo mein noodles and coconut grilled chicken paired with a sweet and savory dressing make this Easy Chinese Chopped Chicken Salad a win at any party or lunch!
Servings: 8 people
For the Salad
- 1 head Savoy Cabbage
- 1 1/2 cups shredded carrots
- 1 1/2 cups shredded purple cabbage
- 1 crown broccoli- chopped about 3 cups
- 2 cups bean sprouts
- 1 bunch green onions - sliced
- 2 leftover chicken breast - diced into 1/2" cubes
For the dressing
- 2/3 cup Rice Wine Vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons Sesame Oil or canola oil
- 2 Teaspoons Mirin sweet cooking rice seasoning
- 4 Tablespoons Hoisin Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons Tamarind Sauce
Shred the Savoy cabbage and roughly chop. Wash, drain, and place in a large bowl.
Add the carrots, purple cabbage, chopped broccoli, bean sprouts and chopped chicken to the top of your Savoy cabbage base. Add green onion to the center for presentation.
Make the sauce. Combine rice wine vinegar, sesame oil, mirin, hoisin sauce and tamarind sauce to a glass or high-sided bowl. Whisk vigorously to make an emulsion.
If serving for a party: Add the dressing and toss the entire salad. Top with crispy lo mein noodles after the salad has been tossed so they don't become soggy. You could also set them aside in a dish for individual topping.
If serving individually: Portion out all ingredients onto a plate and top with lo mein noodles, sauce and toss.