The Best 30 Minute Oven Roasted Chicken
Want to make the easiest oven roasted chicken ever? Grab a bowl, a few ingredients and make dinner sing.
Crisp flavorful skin and perfectly seasoned chicken thighs make this a go-to for any occasion.
I love deep fried crispy chicken over here, however sometimes (most of the time) I do not feel like putting out all of that effort on a weeknight. Enter the best oven roasted chicken, evah.
Is oven roasted chicken really THAT easy?
Two ingredients, a few pantry staple seasonings and that is it. No, really, it’s that easy folks. No fuss, no muss but absolutely delicious.
Start by placing your chicken thighs in a bowl. Try and find one big enough to give you the room to move the chicken around without spilling out.
Drizzle the olive oil over the chicken thighs and add in the seasonings to the bowl.
*Prep Tip: Pre-measure your ingredients and have your seasonings ready to go. This will cut down measuring time and also save a few hand washes in between and that means oven roasted chicken will be on the table sooner rather than later.
If you happen to find an Italian Seasoning blend that contains the herb savory, buy it. It will take your sauces, marinades, and dressings to the next level. I happen to have both and am currently trying to use up the non-savory blend.
Once you have all of your seasoning distributed onto the chicken thighs, line them up on a sheet pan for roasting. This should take no time at all. Let the seasoned chicken rest while your oven comes to temp. You can also prepare the night before and let marinate in the fridge overnight.
Roast in your oven, uncovered, at 420 degrees Fahrenheit for 30 minutes. Check them with a meat thermometer around 25 minutes to see if they are done. Your meat thermometer should read 165 degrees when the chicken is properly cooked.
That’s it, you guys! Super simple, super easy and bursting with flavor! If you’d like to check out another awesome chicken recipe be sure to see our Balsamic Orange Chicken.
I’d like to make a few notes for you in case this 30-minute oven roasted chicken isn’t quite working in your oven. There are a few things you can do to make sure you have a meal that is delicious.
- Your oven calibration: Ovens require calibration to assure that the temperature you set them for is the actual temperature that is being produced inside the oven. I see a lot of people mentioning that their recipe didn’t work as written and I want to help you understand why.
- It’s always a good idea to have an internal hanging thermometer inside your oven. When the oven is heated to the set temperature, check the thermometer to see if the inside temperature is the same. If not, you can adjust your oven accordingly.
- Convection ovens: If your oven has the option for convection I would recommend using this setting for recipes like this. Please remember convection will seem to run hotter due to the air being circulated inside the oven. Meaning your recipe may be ready sooner rather than later so keep an eye on your chicken if using this setting.
- If all else fails and your chicken is cooked in 30 minutes, as it should be, but your skin is not as crispy as you’d like; place under the broiler for 2 – 3 minutes.
Looking for a great side? Be sure check out these recipes to go along with you 30-minute oven roasted chicken!
No matter what you choose, you are sure to have a delicious meal.
Live, Love, Eat!
Did you make this 30-minute oven roasted chicken?
Drop a comment and leave a review. Don’t forget to follow us on social media and let me see what you’re cooking!
The Best 30 Minute Oven Roasted Chicken
- 4 pounds Chicken Thighs Bone in
- 1/4 Cup Olive Oil extra virgin
- 1 Tablespoon Salt Kosher
- 1 Tablespoon Garlic Powder
- 2 Teaspoons Black Pepper
- 2 Teaspoons Italian Seasoning
- 1 Teaspoon Thyme Dried
- Preheat Oven to 420 Degree Fahrenheit
- Place chicken thighs, skin on, in a large bowl.
- Drizzle Olive Oil over chicken thighs along with kosher salt, garlic powder, black pepper, Italian seasoning, and thyme.
- With clean hands, mix all ingredients together making sure to get in all parts of the chicken, under the skin and both sides. Let rest for 30 minutes. (you can marinate overnight)
- Place seasoned chicken onto a sheet pan. Roast in the preheated oven until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees with a meat thermometer. Approximately 30 minutes.
- Seve and enjoy!